Where to find a job?                  

Working at a part-time job in the evenings and/or weekends is possible while studying at Novia UAS. Keep in mind it may be quite exhausting to work and study at the same time. It may also be difficult to keep up with your studies if you are using your free-time to work. The TE Services (providing public employment and business services in Finland) can assist you when you are looking for a job. 

It may be rather challenging to find a suitable job if you do not speak Swedish or Finnish. You should not rely on finding a part-time job to finance your studies.

If you are living in Finland based on a student residence permit the amount of work you can do alongside your studies is limited. You do not need a separate working permit. Students are permitted to do part-time work up to 30 hours / week. The residence permit for studies enables you to work without restrictions if your work is related to your degree.

Tax Card
In Finland, you must pay taxes on all income. The collected taxes are used to fund public services such as education and health care. In order to pay taxes you need a tax card from the Finnish Tax Administration Office.  To obtain a tax card you need a valid ID card (such as your passport) and a personal identity code. If you do not submit a tax card your employer will automatically deduct 60 percent of your salary.