Music Business & Administration, 4 ECTS Open UAS
Learn with Ann Slangar, the CEO and A&R for the music publishing company Sugar House Publishing Inc. with earlier experience from running a studio, record label and management. Ann recently received the Finnish Music Publishers Honors Music Export Award. https://musicfinland.com/en/news/sugar-house-publishing-ceo-ann-slangar-wins-music-publishers-export-award
Songwriters, Producers, Top-liners, Musicians, Music teachers and entrepreneurs who want to develop music business skills on an international level.
This music business course is in co-operation with Lafo Songwriters Academy and is highly recommended for the students of the other songwriting and production courses held at the academy during the year.
- After the course students will have deeper knowledge in music business and business planning.
- Administration of copyrights in compositions as well as productions.
- The importance of metadata and knowing the basics of royalty flow.
- The rights and obligations when releasing music.
Mode of delivery
Online only using Microsoft Teams. You will be invited to Sugar House Publishing Inc. Teams organisation.
Zoom will be used for some guest interviews.
The course continues online for the given time (about 5 weeks), mostly weekend days and some additional guest events during the week days.
No prerequisites required.
- Songwriting copyright and rights organizations
- Master copyright and rights organisations
- Role of a Music Publisher – do I need one?
- International situations, agreements and splits
- Metadata and DSP’s, aggregators
- Business planning
- Special Guests
For approval active participation, completed tasks, active co-creation, and initiatives are counted.
Free of charge