Requirements for Bachelor
What are the requirements for Bachelor studies?
- You need an upper secondary school certificate (high school diploma, grade 12 completion certificate, or equivalent document).
- If your upper secondary school certificate is not issued in English, Swedish or Finnish you need an authorised translation of the document into English, Swedish or Finnish.
- If you are still in grade 12 and will complete upper secondary school 2021 you need to upload your latest mid-reportcard.
- If you apply with the following documents: 'Testimonials', 'Statements of Results', 'Examination Results', 'Transcript of Records' or 'Result Slips', please notice that they can be considered valid only if they are sent to Novia UAS by official national or regional body.
- You need to have good English language skills. Your language skills will be tested in the entrance examination(s). A separate language test is not necessary in the application. In order to be successful in your studies, your English language skills should be at least level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
- Some degree programmes have specific requirements concerning health and safety.
- Previous university level studies are required when applying for the Bachelor degree programme in Sustainable Coastal Management.
Novia UAS follows the Recommendation on Selection Criteria for Universities of Applied Sciences 2021 to Bachelor's degree programmes in English.
If an applicant is a refugee, asylum-seeker or in a refugee-like situation and is unable to upload documentary evidence of his or her qualification, a university of applied sciences may invite the applicant to sit an entrance examination. The applicant must have an official decision attesting to his or her refugee status (a decision on asylum or a residence permit granted on the basis of a need for protection). The applicant must upload a copy of such decision in the online application form by the deadline for uploading application attachments.
Novia UAS uses discretionary admission for all Bachelor degree programmes. If you do not meet the above mentioned educational requirements for Bachelor degree studies, please upload all your previous educational documents (starting from age 14) in your online application. The Admissions Services will only consider documents uploaded in the online application. Each case is evaluated individually.
Discretion may be considered in the following situations:
- An applicant has minor inadequacies in his/her senior secondary school certificate.
- An applicant has completed a Bachelor degree and does not hold a senior secondary school certificate (i.e. previous right to study also granted through discretionary admission).