Health Care and Social Services
All applicants must submit a pre-task (preliminary research plan for master’s thesis) no later than 27 January 2021 at 3 pm Finnish time by uploading it in the online application at studyinfo.fi. Pre-tasks submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
The pre-task can give you a maximum of 40 points. You must obtain at least 20/40 points for the pre-task to be invited to the entrance examination (e-interview). Applicants who have not submitted a pre-task will not be invited to the entrance examination.
The thesis work in this master’s degree programme (30 credits) is to be realized as a research study or development project related to working life. As a pre-task you should write a preliminary research plan (approximately 1-2 A4 pages) in English for your master’s thesis work with the following included:
- Preliminary title of the master’s thesis
- Description of the topic of your chosen research study / development project
- Background and description of why the topic is important
- Description of how your chosen topic is connected to working life
- Preliminary research question(s)
- Description of the methods to be used
The entrance examination will be held in English in the form of an e-interview 9-10 March 2021. Eligible applicants with an approved pre-task will be invited to the entrance examination.
The e-interview can give you a maximum of 60 points. English language proficiency will be assessed on a pass or fail basis in connection with the e-interview. If you do not participate in the e-interview you cannot be admitted. The pre-task and e-interview can give you a maximum of 100 points in total. You must obtain at least 40/100 points to be admitted. Both the pre-task and e-interview must be passed in order to be considered for admission in accordance with the following:
- Pre-task: Minimum points 20, maximum points 40
- E-interview: Minimum points 20, maximum points 60