Entrance Examinations and Pre-tasks
Entrance Examinations in Finland 2020 and Pre-tasks
Entrance examinations in Finland for English taught Degree Programmes at Novia UAS
In order to comply with the Finnish government recommendations due to the COVID-19 pandemic the entrance examination of the following Degree Programmes will not be arranged as planned in March/April 2020:
Nursing - 31 March
Maritime Technology - 3 April
Martime Management, Captain - 3 April
Sustainable Coastal Management - 2 April
Natural Resources Management - 7 April
The entrance examinations for the Masters programmes in English at Novia (Automation Technology, Autonomous Maritime Operations, Digital Business Management, Industrial Management and Engineering, Maritime Management and Service Design) UAS will be held as planned ONLY as e-interviews (online).
Universities of applied sciences are making joint backup plans for situation where the entrance examinations can not be conducted as planned. These backup plans will be published on Friday 27 th March. Plans will be sent to the applicants by email and posted on the website of every UAS.
All of the degree programmes arrange entrance examinations and some have both entrance examination/e-interview and a pre-task. All eligible applicants will be invited to the entrance examination/e-interview. More detailed information about the entrance examinations will be included in the invitation e-mail at the earliest 21 February 2020. The invitation e-mail will include the exact time, date and place for the entrance examination/e-interview.
NOTICE: The applicant is responsible for all travel and visa arrangements in connection to the entrance examination. Participation in the entrance examination is compulsory, no students can be admitted without an approved result in the entrance examination/e-interview. All participants are required to show their ID (passport or other official ID-card) at the entrance examination venues or in the e-interview.
The entrance examinations in the joint application will be arranged in Finland for all English degree programmes at Novia UAS. Most of the degree programmes also use an e-interview as an alternative. Some degree programmes also arrange entrance examinations outside Finland via FINNIPS network.
The following degree programmes arrange only an entrance examination:
Bachelor degree programmes
- Maritime Management, Captain, 3 April 2020 in Turku, Finland (also arranged outside Finland, see below)
- Maritime Technology, 3 April 2020 in Turku, Finland (also arranged outside Finland, see below)
- Nursing, 31 March 2020 in Vaasa, Finland (also arranged outside Finland, see below)
- Sustainable Coastal Management, 2 April 2020 in Raseborg, Finland (also arranged outside Finland, see below)
The following degree programmes arrange entrance examinations/e-interviews and require pre-tasks:
NOTICE pre-tasks are DUE 29.1.2020.
Master degree programmes
- Automation Technology, 6-7 April 2020 in Vaasa, Finland or as an e-interview
- Autonomous Maritime Operations, 2 April 2020 in Turku, Finland or as an e-interview
- Digital Business and Management, 3 April 2020 in Vaasa, Finland or as an e-interview
- Industrial Management and Engineering, 6-7 April 2020 in Vaasa, Finland or as an e-interview
- Maritime Management, 2 April 2020 in Turku, Finland or as an e-interview
- Natural Resources Management, 7 April 2020 in Raseborg, Finland (also arranged outside Finland, see below)
- Service Design, March/April 2020 in Turku, Finland or as an e-interview
The entrance examinations abroad are arranged by the FINNIPS network outside of Finland. The entrance examinations in the Joint application to Higher Education, spring 2020, will be arranged abroad for the degree programmes below:
- Maritime Management, Captain
- Maritime Technology
- Sustainable Coastal Management
- Natural Resources Management, Master
The FINNIPS network will arrange entrance examinations outside Finland 2020 in the following countries (please note that changes may occur.)
|Brazil, São Paulo||Hungary, Budapest||Mexico, Mexico City|
|China, Shanghai and Wuhan||India, Greater Noida||Russia, Moscow and St.Petersburg|
|Germany, Frankfurt||Kazakhstan, Nur-Sultan||South Korea, Seoul|
|Great Britain, London||Kenya, Nairobi||Vietnam, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City|
If an applicant is in need of any individual arrangements during the entrance examinations at Novia University of Applied Sciences due to for example dyslexia or other disability he/she should send a written application to: Admissions Services at Novia UAS, PB 6, 65201 Vaasa, Finland. The application form for individual arrangements should be submitted no later than 29.1.2020 at 3pm, in the Joint Application to Higher Education, Spring 2020.
The applicant will be notified of the arrangements that can be made by the University of Applied Sciences. See the form for further instructions.