Entrance Examinations and Pre-tasks
Entrance Examinations and Pre-tasks 2021
All of the degree programmes arrange entrance examinations and some have both entrance examination/e-interview and a pre-task. Depending on the degree programme, either all applicants or only eligible applicants will be invited to the entrance examination. More detailed information about the entrance examinations will be included in the invitation e-mail that will be sent at the earliest 28 January 2021. The invitation e-mail will include the exact time, date and place for the entrance examination/e-interview.
The entrance examinations can be taken online for all English degree programmes at Novia UAS 2021. Some degree programmes also arrange entrance examinations on campus in Finland.
NOTICE: The applicant is responsible for all travel and visa arrangements in connection to the entrance examination. Participation in the entrance examination is compulsory, no students can be admitted without an approved result in the entrance examination/e-interview. All participants are required to show their ID (passport or other official ID-card) at the entrance examination venues or in the e-interview.
The following degree programmes arrange only an entrance examination:
Bachelor degree programmes
- Maritime Management, Captain, online 5 March 2021 (no entrance examination on campus)
- Maritime Technology, online 5 March 2021 (no entrance examination on campus)
- Nursing, online February-March 2021 (no entrance examination on campus)
- Sustainable Coastal Management, online 1-5 March 2021 (no entrance examination on campus)
The following degree programmes arrange entrance examinations/e-interviews and require pre-tasks:
NOTICE! Pre-tasks should be uploaded in the online application no later than 27 January 2021 at 3 pm Finnish time.
Bachelor degree programmes
- Beauty Care, e-interview 9-12 March 2021 (preparatory assignment must be uploaded in the application form no later than 19 February 2021)
- Fine Arts, e-interview 1-5 March 2021
Master degree programmes
- Automation Technology, e-inteview 1-16 March 2021
- Autonomous Maritime Operations, e-interview 8-12 March 2021
- Digital Business and Management, group e-interview 12 March 2021
- Health Care and Social Services, e-interview 9-10 March 2021
- Industrial Management and Engineering, e-interview 8-10 March 2021
- Maritime Management, e-interview 8-12 March 2021
- Natural Resources Management, entrance examination online 1-5 March 2021 (no entrance examination on campus)
- Photography, e-interview 1-5 March 2021
- Service Design, e-interview 11-12 March 2021
Due to the pandemic, no entrance examinations will be arranged abroad 2021. Instead, all our English degree programmes will offer online entrance examinations.
If an applicant is in need of any individual arrangements during the entrance examinations at Novia University of Applied Sciences due to for example dyslexia or other disability he/she should send a written application to: Admissions Services at Novia UAS, PB 6, 65201 Vaasa, Finland. The application form for individual arrangements should be submitted no later than 27.1.2021 at 3pm, in the Joint Application to Higher Education, Spring 2021.
The applicant will be notified of the arrangements that can be made by the University of Applied Sciences. See the form for further instructions.