The Ocean Acidification Conference – Interfaces between Civil Society, Science and Policy
09:00 — 12:30
The Action Week on Ocean Acidification welcomes registrations to: The Ocean Acidification Conference – Interfaces between Civil Society, Science and Policy. May 5 – 6, 2021
All times are CET. The conference is arranged online.
Preliminary themes/speakers & times:
May 5 – Science, Capacity Building & Outreach
- Welcome & Opening
- 09:30 Opening remarks (Marko Reinikainen, AirClim, Sweden)
- 09:40 Monika Quinones Winder, Stockholm University, Sweden (keynote; title to be confirmed)
- 10:10 Alexander Polukhin, Shirshov Institute of Oceanology, Russia (title to be confirmed)
- 10:35 Break
- 10:45 Ulf Riebesell, GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel, Germany (Lessons learned from ocean acidification research + BIOACID video)
- 11:20 Sam Dupont, University of Gothenburg, Sweden (presentation & video-tour in the laboratory of the Sven Lovén Centre for Marine Infrastructure)
- 11.50 Break
- 12:20 Anu Vehmaa, AirClim (presentation of Baltic Sea NGO-report)
- 12:35 Sofia Sadogurska, Ecoaction, Ukraine (presentation of Black Sea NGO-report)
- 13:00 Marko Reinikainen (presentation of OA Action Guide)
- 13:15 Patrizia Ziveri, UAB Barcelona, Spain (MedSea project & OA in the Mediterranean Sea)
- 13:40 Discussion
- 14:30 Closing of Day 1
May 6 – Policy & Governance
- 09:30 Monitoring challenges & developments (speakers to be confirmed)
- 10:20 Representative from Coalition Clean Baltic (perspectives on adaptation and marine protection, speaker to be confirmed)
- 10:45 Anna-Karin Almén, project “Havsmanualen”2, Finland (nearshore methods for local monitoring and adaptation)
- 11:10 Break
- 11:30 Panel discussion, Marko Reinikainen, AirClim (moderator; panelists to be confirmed)
- 12:30 Closing of conference
Please visit https://airclim.org/ocean-acidification-working-group for program updates.
The conference is arranged by the BALSAM3-project as a collaboration between AirClim and Novia University of Applied Sciences. The BALSAM-project is funded by the Swedish Institute. Novia UAS also received funding from the Finnish society “Maa- ja vesitekniikan tuki”.
How to register
The conference requires registration. The organizing committee, consisting of Jonna Engström-Öst (Novia UAS), Marko Reinikainen and Reinhold Pape (AirClim), welcomes your registration via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2021. Please write “OA registration” as subject line. Registered participants will receive an e-mail with a Zoom link to the conference. Requests for further information are equally welcomed.
The Action Week on Ocean Acidification is arranged May 3 – 9, 2021. Please visit https://airclim.org/action-week-ocean-acidification-3%E2%80%939-may-2021 for more information