Natural Fibers - Sustainable Alternatives for Finnish Agriculture?
13:00 — 16:30
Raseborgsvägen 9, Ekenäs/ Online
Project Lantbruk 2.0 - Agriculture 2.0 at Novia UAS is organizing a seminar about cultivation of fiber crops, and possible markets for plant based fibers. Novia students can attend the seminar at Campus Raseborg. Others are warmly welcome to join online. The seminar is open to anyone interested.
9.30 - 12.00
- Introduction, cultivation of fiber crops, Ulrika Dahlberg & Lars Fridefors, Novia
- Greenhouse gas mitigation potential of paludiculture in Finland, Kristiina Regina, Luke (Natural Resources Institute Finland).
- Seed to fiber: how to cultivate and process flax into fiber, Leena Pesu, Linen Stories
- Cultivation of fiber hemp, Aapo Korkeaoja, Hemp farmer
- Chemical composition and properties of natural fibers, Otto Långvik, Novia
12-13 LUNCH BREAK
13.00 - 14.30
- Natural fibers in construction, Kati Juola-Alanen, Arkkitehtitoimisto KJ-A Oy.
- Natural fibers in textiles, Katri Pylkkänen, Finnish Textile & Fashion
- Panel discussion: Towards sustainable future concepts for plant fibers.
Sign up at the latest 25.10.2021 at 4 pm. The link for joining online will be sent to you the day before the seminar.