Registration for Attendance or Non-Attendance
Registration for the academic year is compulsory
A student must register attendance (presence) or non-attendance (absence) for every academic year/every term. The registration must be done either for the full academic year or only for one term during the period specified by the UAS. Attendance registration guarantees the student’s enrolment and right to attend courses. Register online by clicking the link in the MyStudyinfo.fi service below the confirmation of acceptance.
Registration for non-attendance during the first year
According to the Polytechnics Act, a first-year student may register as non-attending (absent) for the academic year for the following reasons only:
- Service under the Conscription Act (1438/2007), Non-Military Service Act (1446/2007), or Act on Women's Voluntary Military Service (194/1995)
- Maternity, paternity or parental leave
- The student cannot begin studies due to being incapacitated by personal illness or injury.
The following documents that prove the legal grounds for your absence must be submitted:
- Finnish call-up order for military service, non-military service or women's voluntary military service.
- Certificate from the Social Insurance Institution of Finland (KELA) regarding maternity, paternity or parental allowance period or, if the certificate has not yet been received, a medical certificate regarding the pregnancy, or corresponding certificates from the authorities of other countries regarding statutory parental leave.
- Sickness allowance decision or, if no decision exists, a medical certificate.
The documents must be submitted in Finnish, Swedish or English.
Please notice that if you would like to postpone the start of your studies due to not being granted a student residence permit, you should register as attending (present) as this is not one of the three reasons mentioned above. If this is the case, please see below (check of original certificates).
If in any doubt about whether your personal circumstances make it acceptable for you to postpone the start of your studies (register non-attendance), you should contact the Admissions Services. The Admissions Services can advise you in detail about the procedures and required documentation in this matter.