ARPA seminar 16th December: Test Platforms for Autonomous Systems
Novia UAS and Turku UAS project ARPA invites you to a seminar on the latest advancements concerning remotely operated and autonomous vessels. The seminar is held on December 16th at the Visitor Centre Joki in Turku, participation online is also possible!
The ARPA project (Applied Research Platform for Autonomous Systems) focuses on building a novel research platform that provides consistent information to developers, researchers, and authorities alike.
In this seminar, keynote speakers from maritime industry and Sitra will describe the latest advancements within remotely operated and autonomous vessels as well as related data infrastructures and the data economy.
In addition, the project partners Turku University of Applied Sciences and Novia University of Applied Sciences will present some preliminary project findings with practical state-of-the-art demonstrations.
- 8:30 Light breakfast available at JOKI
- 9:00 Opening words, Juhani Soini, Vice Rector, Turku University of Applied Sciences
- 9:10 Remote Operations Centre by KONGSBERG
Anton Westerlund, Vice President, Remote Operation
Solutions, KONGSBERG Maritime Finland Oy
- 9:40 Gaia-X – empty promises or next big thing for data sharing ecosystems?
Jaana Sinipuro, Leading specialist, Fair data economy, Sitra
- 10:10 Findings with regards to automation of navigation, Alexander Lutz, Founder and CEO at Argonics GmbH
- 10:40 Initial results from the ARPA project, Jarkko Paavola & Jenny Lauronen, Project Managers of the ARPA project
- 11:00-12:00 Lunch offered by the ARPA project and project demonstration