Actions at Novia UAS due to Coronavirus
Updated on 8.8.2022
Novia UAS adapts to the Corona pandemic (Covid-19) in accordance with government instructions and guidelines agreed upon with other Universities of Applied Sciences. Novia strives to provide our students with as normal workdays as possible.
Travelling to Finland?
Read more about the current Corona situation and travel restrictions on the following sites:
- Travelling to Finland? Visit Finentry for the latest updates.
- Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare
- Finnish Border Guard
- We strive to have streaming options for those who cannot attend contact teaching situations due to quarantine or cold symptoms.
- Students who choose to study or practice abroad shall go through the risks and challenges related to the pandemic with Novia’s international coordinators.
- Novia continues to closely follow the situation concerning the pandemic and is prepared to act on short notice if required.
Students from other countries
- We accept foreign degree students, including Double Degree students.
- Novia will accept exchange students from our partner universities.
- FAQ concerning admissions is found on the page for admissions.
Student events on campus
- It is possible to have parties and/or gatherings on campus. If the gathering is in on the evening (after 6pm), the person who has arranged the gathering should inform Novia UAS about it via a form which is available on the intranet.
- You can use face masks on campus according to your own assessment, and face masks will continue to be available on all campuses.
- When you visit campus, keep social distance, wash your hands with soap, and follow safety measures.
- Stay at home if you feel symptoms of respiratory infection.
- Hand sanitizers can be found at the exits, student restaurants, and common spaces.
Service at Campus
- The student healtcare is run by Finnish student health care, this service is available for degree students. Exchange students are referred to local public health care providers.
- The libraries will inform about their opening hours and policies on their own websites.
- Student services can be contacted by email, more information, as well as contact information, is found on Novias intranet (requires login)
- Remember to maintain good hand hygiene, follow safety measures, and social distance when visiting us!
The Hospital Districts give restrictions and recommendations locally. The recommendations are based on national recommendations and implemented depending on the local situation.
- Vaasa and Jakobstad follow Pohjanmaan Hyvinvointialue's recommendations.
- Åbo/Turku follows the Hospital District of Southwest Finlands recommendations
- Raseborg follows Hospital District for Helsinki and Uusimaa HUS recommendations.
Take care of your self
- Stay at home if you feel symptoms of respiratory infection. If you get symptoms or suspect infection, contact your local healthcare providers.
- Remember good hygiene at all times.
- It is important that students and staff follow the recommendations set by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare.
- Work-related travels abroad are assessed by case by case-bases, as is the reception of guests to Novia. The evaluation is based on the necessity of the trip and recommendations of Finland’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs.