Campus Åbo and Aboa Mare, Åbo
Welcome to Turku
Turku, located in the region of Southwest Finland, is one of Finland's biggest cities. The versatile livelihood structure, top class selection of education, culture, and services, as well as the beautiful archipelago, form a magnetic combination in Turku. In Turku there is everything, but still Turku is small enough that you can go almost everywhere by foot or bike.
- 184 000 residents
- over 310 000 inhabitants in the entire region
- 20 000 enterprises with a total of 130 000 jobs
- more than 100 nationalities in the area
Student-friendly city of Turku
A great portion of Turku residents are students: every fourth person is either student or professional in higher education institute. There are two universities and four university of applied sciences in Turku. All campuses are located near city center.
- 40 000 higher education students
- over 4000 international degree students or exchange students every year.
Old town but pretty funky
Turku is the oldest city of Finland and was founded in 1229. Turku has a compact size, perfect for exploring the exciting mixture of old and new. Reasonable living costs with many housing options, active student community, vivid cultural life and a variety of outdoor recreation possibilities guarantee that Turku offers the best quality of life and is a lucrative location also for skilled professionals.
In Turku Novia UAS offers education at three different locations at Henrikinkatu, Hämeenkatu and Juhana Herttuan puistokatu. Turku is a big city in Finland and the student life is lively and full of traditions. There is an abundancy of student apartments and apartments on the free market in Turku, but there are also many students who need them.
Turku has a nationally remarkable harbor. There has been education in Marine Technology for over 200 years in Turku. The education in Seafaring is located near the harbor in a new and modern study environment, including simulators and a planetarium.
Campus Åbo in Turku
Novia UAsis a part of the new campus unity in the quarter of Gadolinia 2020. Campus Åbo in Turku offers the following degree programme in English:
- Master of Business Administration, Service Design, 90 ECTS/2 years New 2020!
Aboa Mare in Turku
The maritime programmes are situated at Juhana Herttuan puistokatu 21 at the harbour. About 300 of Novia's students study at Aboa Mare, on Juhana Herttuan puistokatu. The complex includes several commando bridge simulators and a real star sky. Seafearing education is offered on an upper secondary level and on a Bachelor's and Master's level, further education students also use the same facilities.
Campus Aboa Mare in Turku offers the following degree programmes in English:
- Bachelor of Maritime Management, Maritime Management, Captain, 270 ECTS
- Bachelor of Engineering, Maritime Technology, 270 ECTS
- Master of Engineering/Master of Maritime Management, Maritime Management, 60 ECTS
- Master of Engineering, Autonomous Maritime Operations, 60 ECTS
- Master of Business Administration, Service Design, 90 ECTS
Henrikinkatu 7, phone +358 (0)2 432 3000
Hämeenkatu 13, phone +358 (0)2 432 3000
Aboa Mare, Auriga Business Center, Juhana Herttuan puistokatu 21, Turku, Phone +358 (0)2 432 3000.